Thursday, April 13, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane



Today we leave for a week in Pittsburgh. We've got some houses lined up to see in the eastern part of the city, with our realtor, Bob. Neighborhoods like Squirrel Hill, Point Breeze, Regent Square and Edgewood. The architectural choices are endless: tudor, victorian, colonial, arts and crafts, cape cod. In California we're mostly limited to ranch style homes (if limited is the right word; we could never afford them!!) I love the older homes, with their bricks and shutters, their porches and wood-pained windows.

So, I'm excited to have this opportunity. I'm glad to be closer to Mike's family, so that Andy and I can get to know them better. Mike is on Cloud 9, returning to his roots, working at the job of his dreams! This, in turn, makes me happy.

But, I can't help but feel sad about leaving my family, my friends, and the familiar and loved places of the bay area and Santa Cruz mountains.

Don't know when I'll be back again...Oh, babe, I hate to go...

No comments: