Friday, February 17, 2006

Brrrr...

The weather has taken a turn for the worse. The bay area is experiencing about the same temperature as Pittsburgh right now--warm for a Pennsylvania winter. This has me very worried... if I can't get out of the house to walk or jog in a relative heat spell, then what are my prospects for next winter?

But that's my mind getting ahead of itself, as it often wants to do. My thoughts and I have not been friends these past few days. My thoughts have been preoccupied with domestic tribulations: who knew that an apple-juice soaked down comforter would require two hundred minutes in the tumble cycle in order to dry? And, why oh why did we spend $25 on Chinese herbs that our immune system-challenged toddler refuses to take? The putrid smelling herbs may, in fact, be a healthier alternative to antibiotics, but how are we ever to know if we can't get Andy to take them?

I guess we'll just go back to the acupuncturist next week. Andy will exercise his lungs for another hour, while she (Chinese acupuncturist) bribes him with sweet herb candy and pokes him with a few more needles. We'll drive home, and put the exhausted boy to bed. He'll pass out for over 3 and a half hours.....! And Mike and I will agree that was the best money we ever spent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing some crazy people jogging around in the 12° weather in Pittsburgh. After it snows, it's really beautiful. The thing that gets you is breathing in the cold air. It makes your lungs hurt after a while. And of course you have to bundle up like crazy. But it's doable depending on what the weather is up to.

About those herbs...could you sneak them in with some other foods? I know the only way I can really eat a salad is if it's snuck on top of a turkey burger :P