Friday, August 25, 2006

Rebound


My Dad is up and at 'em...on crutches because he's not allowed to put weight on his left leg for another few weeks. He's not allowed to drive yet, either, although he's talking as though he'll ignore his doctor's orders and go out cruisin'. Why not take advantage of the family chauffeur service a little longer, Dad? I know being driven around by your teenage son in a Geo Metro isn't your idea of a joy ride, but better safe than sorry. And to be safer, ditch the Metro, please!

My Aunt Ann took this picture when she was out visiting last month. She also sent a picture of Dad's post-surgery hip x-ray, but it's pretty gruesome, so I'll save it for Halloween.

Last night Andy spent the night with Grandma and Pap-Pap so that Mike and I could go out for our anniversary. Andy slept in his own bed in their guest room through the night! Woo-hoo! This is in contrast to the last time we went away--exactly one year ago--and my parents were up all night rocking Andy and watching old movies on TNT. I know my mom is thinking she put her hard time in, and we've moved away just when he's getting fun!

Sheryl Crow put on an amazing show last night with John Meyer. Wow, 40 something and still rocking. I don't get to too many concerts, and I'm sure the crowds will always bug me, but when the energy is right...there is nothing like that timeless, happy place that live music can take you.

No comments: